Fri, Oct 14|
Synergeio Performing Arts Centre
Time & Location
Oct 14, 2022, 8:00 PM – Oct 16, 2022, 12:00 AM
Synergeio Performing Arts Centre, Eleftherias 91, Limassol, Cyprus
About the event
14/10 Friday |Free Entrance | 20:00 Opening Day - Workshops Presentations "Reach Out"
- Who's afraid of the wild Shakespearean panic room Facilitator: Filippos Tsitsopoulos (GR/UK) The action is formed in collaboration with the students of the workshop therefor is seen a laboratory performance The project has the dual intention, to create an inner dialogue with ourselves and a field of freedom under which we can see text such as Shakespeare. By selecting Greek and English words that begin with the same letter, from Shakespeare's plays and from a poem of Icarus, we have created a theatrical Alphabet that has developed like a tower of Babel where everything makes a different meaning. Let's imagine that we are locked in a panic room is the moment when everything passes in front of our eyes.
- Remixed to the public #2 Facilitator: Felix Leon Westner (GER) The participants have been exposed to some on the basic elements of the artistic practice oF Felix. The workshop included different parts and exercises, all swirling around concrete and contemporary poetry, rhythm, rave and linguistic reflections. After two days of exploration, all this was brought together in a presentation of live generated little soundscapes or even short progressive tracks performed by the participants
- Atys and Mystics (Gypsy Souls) Special arrangements of songs of gypsies from the region of the Mediterranean, Eastern Europe and the Balkans mixed with passionate songs of the world in French, Spanish, Greek, Serbian, Romani, Bulgarian, Hungarian Russian, Turkish, and English. The arrangements have elements of tango, jazz improvisation, traditional world music, merged with gypsy pulse. Atys: vocals, arrangements ILaRios (Larkos Larkou): plucked strings, arrangements, orchestration Michalis Michail: trumpet, fluglehorn Michalis Messios: bass Giorgos Koulas: percussion Odysseas Tomazou: quitar Nikolas Tryfonos:contrabass
15/10 Saturday | 20:00 - Performances
- What do you see? | 30’ Nayia T. Karakosta How does the body become a place or a landscape of exploration? Wanting to examine the above question, a female naked body stands in the middle of the scene. Around it there are markers, body paints but also the option of moving this body through physical contact. The performer invites the audience to use the tools given to them on her body to draw or write "what they see when they see her", thus naming the associations caused by the sight of this body.
- Three Hamlets in a Chair | 50' Τhe Lecture| Filippos Tsitsopoulos The setting consists of a video wall showing a video shot by the artist during his quarantine in his London garden, with leaves and snails, a rocking chair and a wheelchair. Three Hamlets, by Shakespeare, Mark Twain and Heyner Miller, intertwine while the on-stage artist with his video-filmed self. To live or not to live? that's the double-edged sword/ That's what makes destruction last so long/ Why, why should we bear to wait until Birnam's forest comes to Dunsinane/ While fear of whether we will live after death murders the innocence of our sleep/ This second course of our great nature.
- Music by Dj "Unknown"
17/10 Sunday | 20:00 -Performances | General Entrance Fee: 10€
- Just A Bottle | 40' "Just a Bottle” is the story of a man who discovers a special bond with some plastic bottles. A love-hate relationship that leads him to dive under the sea, or into himself. Duration 40 minutes. Performer – Andreas Kentis Stage Directress – Claudia Bruno, Dramaturgy-Lighting - Yiannis Hadjiparaskevas Music – Diana Lippolis
- CLOSE TO DURING OR EVEN AFTER - I’M NOT A DJ | 30’ Felix Leon Westner Felix Leon Westner’s improvised performances are socio-critical multimedia collages of words, drawings and several live generated tracks, using his own voice and a looper. The point of reference is often the exhibition venue or the events meta topic itself. He combines pop poetry with rave and analytical reflections
- Music :
- Musical Gathering/Closing Party
14-16/10 -Ongoing Looped Short film screenings | 22:00-24:00
- The day Ι jumped |6' Concept/ Direction: Evie Demetriou, Antis Iakovou Choreography/Performance: Evie Demetriou Filming: Antis Iakovou Editing/Sound Design: Danae Stylianou Advisor: Chrysanthy Badeka
- From A Beginning To An End |17' Direction: Loukas Stavrou A Short Film based on the poem "Song" by Allen Ginsberg
- Green Paradise| 8.20" A Production of "Moving 4ward" Conecpt/idea: Eleftheria Sokratous Direction: Marina Kakoulli Movement Direction: Eleftheria Sokratous Performers: Evie Demetriou and Eleftheria Sokratous Camera/DOP: Loukas Stavrou